By Sharon Hazlett (Ivy) on Unrecorded Date:

"This is one of the few episodes that I taped before History TV dropped my fav show and we became 'Combatless!' in Canada!! It's from season four and guest stars a great character actor Claude Akins. Krauts capture the Sarge, he escapes then discovers that one of the other prisoners (Claude) is really a German spy. The Sarge heads back to be recaptured... and that is where the VCR ate my tape. Can anyone tell me how this ends?

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

Sharon,
I have only watched the ending once, but I can give you a short summery. Fortunately for me, I can still watch Combat daily on the Action Channel.
Saunders is recaptured and taken back to the origonal POW camp where that spy Akins is still getting information from another group of ignorant American POW's. Saunders then feeds Akins false information, which Akins tells that German captain who tells his CO. All is going according to plan until an ignorant POW tells Akins that what Saunders said wasn't true. Akins is furious and Saunders has to kill him. They prop up the dead spy, hoping that one of Saunder's buddies who escaped will get back to the US lines and send a barrage before the German guards have a bed check and find out. Right before the bed check, the US artillary opens up and all the POWs make their escape. They all make it safely back, and thanks to Saunder's fake info,
the American forces are safe.
A Fellow Fan,
Rose

By Sharon Hazlett (Ivy) on Unrecorded Date:

Hi Rose Ann,
Thanks for your quick response, I've been wondering about that episode since last July. History Tv cancelled the series a few months after I discovered it so there are many episodes I'm looking forward to seeing once they bring it back. Until that time this wonderful site and the other fan fiction sites really help fill the void. Aren't they great!!
Sharon.

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

I love the fan fiction sites too, Sharon. I've seen every Combat episode a dozen times and can predict the outcomes ahead of time. It's still fun to watch, of course, but it's great to get to read brand new adventures all over again. I love being about to wonder "How will this turn out" all over again.

By josephine Naylor on Unrecorded Date:

I think it was most kind of Lt Hanley to go back and rescue that big-mouthed German in The Pillbox. I would've left him there.
Anyway, I think it's a pity that Rick Jason and Cindy do not have any kids. Mixed kids are so cute and special, I ought to know, I have three with another one due in late June.
Anyone know where or how I can get my hands on past episodes such as Entombed and A Rare Vintage?

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: