By Pamela Dean (Pamela) (64.12.101.181) on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

Episode # 24 Night Patrol

I particularly enjoyed Night Patrol. I thought Night Patrol deserved at least 2 1/2 bayonet. I understood this episode very well, it wasn't difficult to understand to me. I didn't think both Ben Cooper the guest star of episode # 23 Next In Command and Skip Homier guest star of episode # 24 Night Patrol were not the cutiest guest stars. I understood Skip's character (in episode # 24 Night Patrol) very well. I thought Bill Nelson's and Little John's little fights through episode # 24 Night Patrol were so cute. I never did like the character Kirby very well, he seems so dopy. I think Caja is so cute, and he is an excellent actor on top of that. Sgt. Saunders was as pleasant as ever. I watched episode # 24 Night Patrol over 10 times since I recorded at 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 (it's 9:40 a.m. now). I slept with the tape of episode # 24 Night Patrol running.

By Ken Fossitt (12.74.43.174) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 11:46 pm:

I thought that some of the recurring charactors got some of the best lines. In this episode Lt. Hanley is with Davis (played by Bill Harlow). Both are waiting for Saunders' squad to return. Davis states that the USA will lose the war because of Billy Nelson. And that he was a little twerp. Bill Harlow as Davis should have gotten more parts.

By beverly capolino (24.184.116.90) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

ken, i agree with you! davis seemed like a real interesting character. i laughed when i heard him say billy was gonna cost them the war. i also loved the scenes with billy and littlejohn.

By Ken Fossitt (12.74.40.87) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:47 am:

I wish that the Combat heads would have used Davis, Crown, Baker and Brockmeyer thoughout the series. Even if just a couple times a year. The use of them would have made the squad a little more realistic in many ways. There were so many episodes that used new faces (charactors) inwhich could have been played by one of the above men. And then there was Braddock? It seems he could have visited the squad once or twice a year also. To my knowledge, only Kelly and Temple were killed off from the series.

By bcapolino (24.184.116.90) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:01 pm:

i don't think they even explained what happened to nelson. he was last seen in the pvt. putnam episode and then no one talks about him again. i know the actor who played him left the show, but still ...

By KcFossitt (12.74.40.194) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:51 pm:

Another thing that I have wondered about is Bill Harlow in the last two seasons being identified as only a GI. If he was used in cameo parts that could have used the "Davis" charactor; why not identify him as "Davis". Fletcher Fist was used in an episode where he was wounded and put into a truck; but his name in that episode was "Carson"? Why not have his original charactor, "Brockmeyer" used for this part. Then Arnold Merritt was used in a 2 part episode that referred to him as "Cole". Cole was killed in that episode. My thought is, if Merritt's original charactor, "Crown" was never going to be used again after season 1, why not kill "Crown" off in the 2 part episode. At least that would explain what happened to Crown. Then there's "Baker" played by Dennis Robertson. I can keep going with this..............

By bcapolino (24.184.116.90) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 10:42 am:

i guess who ever decided who was who on the show, never thought anyone would ever question or wonder.BUT, here we are 40 years later trying to figure out what "they" were thinking.

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: