Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: About the Actors: Dick Peabody: Dick Peabody - A Call To Arms
By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

First, To The Women:

This is a call to all the gals lurking out there on the Internet who have been reading the Discussion List’s posts for ages, but never came forward. And I know why! Cause, like Littlejohn, you’re not the pushy, forward type. So maybe you figure you’re all alone out there. But I’m here to tell you, “YOU’RE NOT”!

I know, cause like me you’re enraptured with Littlejohn, that mountain of a man. Every time you see him break into that wide, wide grin your heart skips a beat. When he's feeling all blue at the end of “Glow against the Sky” you just want to step up a ladder and hold his head against your shoulder so he can have a good cry. When he extends himself in friendship to a new GI you want to cheer him on, and say ‘shame on you’ to the rest of the squad for not sharing his all-encompassing generosity and fellowship.

Littlejohn is the quiet one. He's not one to waste words or energy, a farmer’s survival tactic. But when he speaks, everyone listens. Not cause they fear Littlejohn, but cause they respect him, and THAT's the kind of man ya want in your life, ain't it? That’s why ya watch Combat, right? So what does that make ya?

Not a Chip’s Chick, a Gil’s Gal, a Caje’s Cute, a Billy’s Babe, or a Doc’s Dame. You’re a LITTLEJOHN’S LADY that's what ya are! So be proud of it. Declare your ‘magnificent obsession’. When others go on and on about those other G.I.s, you just stand right up and proudly declare your allegiance. Littlejohn’s your man and you’re his Lady. Come join me in Littlejohn’s Ladies Brigade the newes and best branch of the military just for all us Dick Peabody fanatics. ;^)

Next, To The Men:

I know you’re out there fellas. You’re from Nebraska, or wish ya were, or you've been to Nebraska just to see if the folks there are really like Combat’s legendary Littlejohn. You’re farmers, or farmer’s sons, or after seeing Littlejohn, wish ya had been. You were already six feet tall when you were only 14 years old, and you’re mighty glad to see a big guy do some great acting in a real part, not just be a dumb rubber-suited monster. As the tall men of America you unite as one in cheering on to victory this strong, gentle and unassuming man. You’re secretly jubilant we Littlejohn Ladies dare to declare our allegiance to this Nebraskan tree stump blower.

So come out of lurking all you guys and gals. Declare your allegiance to Littlejohn and to that wonderful actor, Dick Peabody, who portrays Littlejohn so well. Don't know if Dick will be at the Recon 2000, but we want him to know we're cheering for him. So long from your friendly

- 349th Heavy Weapons Crew
  Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: