Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: About the Actors: Rick Jason: Kids
By Fred Brockman (Block) on Unrecorded Date:

I recently saw a friend at a reunion. Just the sight of her made me feel 18 again. I couldn't believe 25 years had passed.
Now I am certain it has. A gentleman I never met, Rick Jason, has left us. I have known Lt. Hanley, for 38 years or so, since I first watched Combat ! as a child. The Lt. was one of my earliest heroes, and still remains one. We all grow up, things change, and it was so terrific finding this group online that still talked about my old favorite show. That makes this even more difficult. Those of you who were so fortunate to know Mr. Jason, are having an even more difficult time with this than I. I sympathize with you.
Thank you Rick, for all the things you shared with us. Your gifts, your spirit, the generosity you had for each you met. You will always be remembered fondly, and your memory will bring a warm smile.
Peace to you and all those you left behind.
Fred Brockman (Block)

"All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream"

By machturtle on Unrecorded Date:

It is with great sadness that I have to post this message. No, Rick never had any real children but my mother was married to him throughout the Combat! years (1963-66) and I was his stepdaughter and I guess the closest thing he had to a child. I even fought with my real father about changing my name to Jason and actually used that for awhile.
Rick gave me my first guitar, an old Spanish nylon string that used to be his. He bought me my first Beatle record and inspired me to play music.
I can't believe this has happened. I haven't seen him in years. We kind of lost touch.

I never did like his attraction to guns.

Jamie (Jason) Murray

By Barbara Redmond (Redmond) on Unrecorded Date:

Did Rick Jason have any kids?

By Jo Davidsmeyer (Kingtwo) on Unrecorded Date:

No, Rick Jason never had any children.

By josephine lim-naylor (Jolimbw) on Unrecorded Date:

Too bad that such a handsome fellow doesn't have any kids.

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

I know what you mean, Josephine. I am so curious about how his children would have looked and what traits they would have inherited from him. Oh well, it's his life and I'm sure that if Rick wanted children he would have had them. Whatever makes him happy makes us fans happy. Still, I would have liked to see his son. (Who would have been close to my age perhaps.)
Hazelnut

By jopotwill@aol.com on Unrecorded Date:

I don't know what Mrs Jason looks like but I've read that she's an Asian. Being one myself and married to an American, my three kids have turned out quite a mix. So, all the more, I can't help but wonder what the Jason offsprings would have looked like if there were any.

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: