Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: About the Actors: Rick Jason: The Case of The Mysterious Robin
By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

I heard that Rick Jason played in a short TV series before Combat called The Case of The Mysterious Robin. Could someone give me a description of what this show is like and tell me how I could come across some episodes on tape? I can never see it on TV and I am a big Rick Jason fan.
Rose

By Dana Eugene Creasy (Deecee322) on Unrecorded Date:

The actual title was "The Case of the Dangerous Robin" It ran for one season in 1960 for a total of 38 episodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that it exists on tape and probably no longer on the original film, either, unless it is locked in a vault (film, that is, not bank) forgotten. Videotape was not routinely used until the middle to late 1960's and at that point, it was two-inches in width and used an absolutely HUGE open reel machine. There are a few of his movies available, like "Color Me Dead" with Tom Tryon (of many movies, especially 'In Harms Way' with John Wayne), Carolyn Jones (Addams Family) from 1969. It was a remake of the 1949 thriller "D.O.A." originally starring Edmund O'Brien. My industry databases gave me this pointer, where you can learn more about the show: http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/robin.html

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

"The Case of the Dangerous Robin" can still be seen if you're lucky enough to live wherever it is being aired. I have a copy of a copy of an episode that was taped from one such television broadcast. Rick is absolutely charming as the intrepid insurance investigator who displays an impressive use of a combination of judo, jujitsu and karate.

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

Oh, and I might add that there are 16mm copies of The Case of the Dangerous Robin being sold by avid film and TV show collectors. However, these are quite pricey. One collector was asking between $75 and $100 per episode, but others want much more than that, depending on the condition of the film. For more information search the Internet for Rare Film Collector web sites. Of course Rose, you'll need a 16mm projector, but maybe your parents or grandparents will have one in their attic. So long from your friendly 349th

- Heavy Weapons Crew

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: