Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: About the Actors: Vic Morrow: Vic's Death
By Kate Godiva (Kate) (152.163.206.193) on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 10:54 pm:

I was 10 years old in 1982 when Victor "Vic" Morrow died, and I remember seeing the trial on television all the time .. I was too young to realize who Vic was .. I first saw my first episode of COMBAT! in 2002, when I was 29 years old .. I was born on June 13, 1972 .. Yes, I am 30 years old now .. Now, I am so depressed about Vic's death .. I wish Vic had a stunt double .. I wish I had met Vic .. What did you all do after you heard about Vic's death .. ?

I am using WordPad ..

By MICHELE LARGEY (Camoufanne) (216.20.102.98) on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 12:35 am:

Dear Kate -
COMBAT! came on when I was a freshman in college. My father & brothers watched it but I was too busy studying. By the time Vic Morrow died, I had been living in an apartment for ten years without TV. When you said you remembered seeing the trial all the time, that was the first I heard that the trial was televised. I wish I had been able to see it. I didn't find out about the manner of Vic's death until a couple of years ago when I became a COMBAT! fan. It seemed every time I mentioned COMBAT! to people, they'd say, "Isn't he the one who...?"
One thing that comforted me a little was reading Dick Peabody's article "In Harm's Way" on this website. Maybe it would do the same for you.
I think we all share your wish that Vic had used a stunt double, but as Dick Peabody (Littlejohn) points out, his last words were "I've got to be
crazy to do this shot. I should've asked for a double." I believe I also read somewhere that, some months earlier, Vic had dreamed that he would be killed by helicopter. I've also had the experience of ignoring life's warnings, with disastrous consequences.
Another thing that helps me is praying for Vic's daughter, actress Jennifer Jason Leigh. I've tried to watch her every time she's on & have noticed similarities between her & her dad. For instance, they have the same hands. From what I've read, Jennifer was misunderstood & undervalued by her famous father. I know how that feels, so I pray for her, especially that she not make the same mistakes her father made. For me,
belief in God makes unbearable things bearable.

By Kate Godiva (Kate) (152.163.206.203) on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 12:41 am:

I read the Dick Peabody's acticle, the article was definitely said ..

I wasn't even born during the first run of COMBAT! .. I was born on June 13, 1972 .. I am 30 years old .. How old are you .. ?

By Kate Godiva (Kate) (205.188.201.142) on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 12:45 am:

I started watching COMBAT! in 2002, I was 29 years old at the time when I started watching COMBAT! ..

Was Vic blonde headed or red headed .. ? Vic was blonde headed in COMBAT! and red headed in The Bad News Bears .. And Vic was salt and pepped headed in The Twilight Zone - The Movie .. What was the color of Vic's hair .. ? Confuse and daze ..

I miss Vic Morrow ..

By Louis Vierne (Louisvierne) (209.172.16.4) on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 01:15 am:

In response to Michelle:

Oddly, I remember a news report about Vic's will. He had two daughters. To one, he left a sizable chunk of his estate. To the other - Jennifer Jason Leigh - he left $100, which is tantamount to a slap in the face, of course. Evidently, they had problems, but I don't know what was behind it either. I believe she paid for a handsome grave marker, though, that said something to the effect of: "Most loved him as Vic. I loved him as dad". Don't take that as a direct quote, though, I'm not positive that's verbatim.

By Colette R Watkins (Watkicol) (65.28.1.101) on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

The greatest frustration is hearing that towards what would be the end of his life, he was reportedly "despondent and lonely." I hope that is not an accurate depiction of his mental state. His work and talent has spawned a whole new generation of fans - a fact he will never know. Those who admired him can remember and dwell not on his death but on his life and creative efforts.

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: