Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: Book and Movie Reviews: "It's A Dog's Life"
By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

It's a Dog's Life: This ain’t some cutesy kid’s picture, although I think it was meant to be a 'family' flick. It takes an unusual look at cruelty in big city slums. It’s about a young punk (of the 4-legged variety) who grew up in abject poverty in NYC's 'turn-of-the-century' waterfront district. At first you’ll be disturbed by Wildfire’s acceptance of brutality as a normal part of everyday life in the gutters and dog-fighting pits of New York. But Wildfire lost his innocence long ago, and wants no pity. Curiously he still retains a sense of honor, so it’s engrossing to watch his outlook and goals change. Hope I haven't made it sound too grim. It isn't. It's just SO 'New York'.

Vic Morrow provides the voice of Wildfire in this movie that came out in 1955, the same year as “The Blackboard Jungle”. Comparisons come to mind and I couldn't help but think about how that movie's punk/Vic might have turn out if given the opportunities Wildfire had. Ironically Vic’s name doesn’t appear at all in "It's a Dog's Life" movie credits, but the voice is unmistakingly his. This flick is a MUST for Vic Morrow fans.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: