Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: Book and Movie Reviews: Bonanza -The Avenger: 5-star episode on 1-star tape
By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

The Avenger was one of the best episodes ever produced on Bonanza. It guest stars Vic Morrow, in one of his rare "good guy" roles. The episode alone rates 5-stars. But I was shocked to receive this blury, poor quality tape from Amazon.com. The manufacturers had the gall to tape it on the extended play mode even though the tape had only two Bonanza episodes - 100 minutes - total. This is a real diservice to the memory of Vic Morrow, and to Bonanza fans alike. Shame on amazon.com its lack of quality control.

By Rachel L. Ohlendorf (Whitequeen1) on Unrecorded Date:

I'm sorry you received such a bad tape of "The Avenger", because it is truly an awesome show! I especially love the scenes between Vic Morrow and the little kid. The one where the boy is imitating everything Vic does is just so adorable! And of course, it's great to see such a talented actor in a western role, since such roles were often stereotyped and under-acted. As usual, Morrow throws himself into the role and creates a totally believable character we can identify with and like.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: