Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: Episodes: Far from the Brave: A Reluctant Soldier Turned Hero
By hazelnut on Unrecorded Date:

Far From The Brave has always been one of my favorite episodes, but it is a steriotype for so many other episodes. Like many others like it, this episode shows us the typical new soldier, despised by many of the Combat veterans, who finds himself pushed into becoming a hero. The ex-Cook is given Grady's long envied job of taking over the Browning Automatic Rifle, much to Kirby's utter dispair. I love this episode for its emotional ending. Saunders and Hanley's faces say so much about the Hell of war with so little words. I also love the dirty effects: Hanley and Saunders are completely covered in dust and dirt. Even for Combat, the filth is exceptionally thick and it adds to the mood of the ending.

By beverly (24.184.116.90) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:51 pm:

far from the brave is my favorite saunders episode. my husband and i were watching it last night, and he said that sgt. saunders cries out gradys name on the bridge when delaney is shot, i played it a few times but i can't tell for sure. does anyone know? again, i just want to say what a fantastic actor vic morrow was.

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: