Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: Episodes: Survival: How I felt about Survival
By Kate Godiva (Kate) (152.163.206.199) on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 07:15 pm:

This is one of my favorite episode other than Reunion. The squad get caught by the Nazis and they get tied to the back of a tank. And tied up in a barn, and a bomb went off close to the barn and started to a fire in the barn while the Nazis tried to gather all the squad up. But they forgot poor Sgt. Saunders in the burning born to get burn alive. This is very sad, because the entire squad leaves poor Sgt. Saunders behind (they only realize they left him behind they cross the river). And no one goes back to save Sgt. Saunders. And Kelly gets shot and killed (when finding and putting on boots after the Nazis took his boots). Poor Sgt. Saunders had to trail behind the entire squad burnt, hurt and very hungry (and half-crazy).

By Kate Godiva (Kate) (152.163.206.199) on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 07:23 pm:

This is one of my favorite episode, other than Reunion. The squad get caught by the Nazis and they get tied up to the back of a tank, and pulled by the tank. And the squad gets tied up in a barn, and a bomb went off close to the barn and started a fire in the barn while the Nazis tried to gather up all the squad. But they forget poor Sgt. Saunders in the burning born to get burnt alive. This is very sad, because the entire squad leaves poor Sgt. Saunders behind (they only realize that they left him behind when they cross the river). And no one goes back to save Sgt. Saunders. And Kelly gets shot and killed (when finding and putting on boots after the Nazis took his boots). Poor Sgt. Saunders had to trail behind the entire squad burnt, hurt and very hungry (and half-crazy).

I made several mistakes in my last post, I corrected them.

By Louis Vierne (Louisvierne) (209.172.16.97) on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 02:04 am:

A wonderful episode. I especially rememebr Vic
trying with badly burned hands to get an apple off of a tree, and finally screaming: "Well, you stay there!" Also (beautiful delivery by Dick Peabody), Littlejohn reflecting: "I never thought I'd see *him* die".

By Pamela Dean (Pamela) (205.188.193.34) on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 04:37 pm:

I just re-watched "Survival", and it is more depressing than the first time. I feel so sorry that they leave poor Sgt. Saunders to die. No one in the outfit talked about Sgt. Saunders after that one time when they were eating the rashions (pardon my spelling). I felt sorry when Sgt. Saunders was yelling for help when the burning barn all around him, and finally yelling in pain when his hands were starting to burn. No one in the outfit noticed that they lost Sgt. Saunders until they cross the river. And they past Sgt. Saunders while he was resting on the log. I almost felt like crying everytime they were so close to Sgt. Saunders. Poor Sgt. Saunders had to defend for himself with two burnt hands. Poor Sgt. Saunders couldn't even eat an apple.

By MICHELE LARGEY (Camoufanne) (216.20.102.98) on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 09:03 pm:

This episode is too painful for me. I recorded it
when I saw it the first time, and it's coming up
soon in my re-watch order, but I think I'll skip it. The whole thing is still too vivid in my mind,
especially the shot of him on top of the hill with that dead German in his blackened arms. "Survival" was a very courageous episode to film, and Vic Morrow is brilliant as usual, but once was enough for me. Camoufanne

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: