Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: Episodes: Hills Are for Heroes: Rick Jason as Lt. Hanley
By Ken Fossitt (12.74.40.87) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:28 am:

This is without a doubt the best episode that shows what Rick Jason can do as an actor. Lt. Hanley is torn between following orders and watching his platoon get slaughtered by well placed German machine gun bunkers. He knows that his men have tried to take the enemy guns out with great loss of life only to be ordered again and again by his superior to try again. His men have verbally been against Hanley's orders but know deep down that the orders are from a higher source. But they still question the reasoning. Rick Jason shows great concern and inner struggle. Fantastic emotional scenes. Facial expressions and mannerisms. Great dialog. Fantastic episode. Directed by Vic Morrow.

By Jay MacIntyre (140.247.126.18) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 12:33 pm:

I agree with the above post about Rick Jason in HILLS ARE FOR HEROES. And I'd like to add that this show contains one of Jack Hogan's finest performances as well. Hogan is such a convincing performer. He can make you believe any situation that Kirby finds himself in. I could identify with Kirby's fear and frustration, but I could also see that his outbursts did not help the terrible plight of the platoon at that point. Hanley handle's Kirby's protest with intelligence and compassion. I was wondering if this episode inspired Jason to make his statement that Jack Hogan was the best actor on COMBAT.

Visit CombatFan.com  
for information about Vic Morrow, Rick Jason and all the Combat cast!

: