Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Encore Movie Channel
By Suzette Ball (Sball) on Unrecorded Date:

Encore is showing season 4 right now. Does anyone know what happens when they get to the end of season 5. Do they start back at the beginning. Just got Encore and I'm hoping that they start back at the beginning.

By holly romo (Holly) on Unrecorded Date:

is this the encore movie channel we are talking about, or the encore action channel that is in 4dtv?

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

Combat is being shown on "The Encore Action Channel" and Plex, also called Cinaplex. I believe both channels have air rights to show Combat to Spring, 2000.

I guess, if viewers want those channels to continue airing Combat then they are going to have to start a vigorous writing campaign, and hope for the best. I believe Linda Carr is the Public Relations contact at Encore Action. Her address is Encore Media Group5445 DTC Parkway, Suite 600Englewood, CO 80111

By Tim Birney (M1a) on Unrecorded Date:

Any known sources for Encore-Action in Southeastern Michigan?

By J.J. Fowler (Panzertrak) on Unrecorded Date:

I've just written a letter to Linda Carr at Encore to thank her for airing the show. I encourage everybody to do the same, many of these episodes is like watching for the first time. I hope indeed it is continued well into the next millenium.

By Sandy Marshall (Smarshall) on Unrecorded Date:

I am new to the internet, but I want to thank Jo for the website and Encore for airing the best show on television "Combat!" I look so forward to seeing the show and checking the website. I have written Linda Carr thanking her and hoping that Encore will continue to air "Combat!". I would be so disappointed if they decided to stop showing it. Thanks again!

By J.J. Fowler (Panzertrak) on Unrecorded Date:

Encore\Action is restarting season one this Friday morning (Dec 3rd) with the episode "A Day in June" (12-18-62). I don't have December's schedule, maybe somebody else does.

The December and January Encore/Action Schedule was written up by Lois Overton and can be found in the VCR Alerts forum.

By Ira Woolery (Irawoolery) on Unrecorded Date:

I'm watching/recording Combat! on the Encore/Action station and was wondering if anyone has the complete listing of all the Combat! episodes. If so please let me know. Thanks,

By Dana Eugene Creasy (Deecee322) on Unrecorded Date:

For any of you who own a C-Band satellite dish system (the large dishes), Encore just announced that they will be offering their networks (a few at a time, to be sure) to C-Banders (BUD owners, to the uninitiated... Big, Ugly Dish owners)beginning earlier this month. My present television assignment is in the satellite side of the business, so I keep up with programming offerings and will let everyone know what I hear from the trades....

By Tim Birney on Unrecorded Date:

Bad news...
Encore is currently advertising "The Last Combat Marathon".
I just now hooked up on the Encore Action Pack, and it appears that they are going to drop the show.
Anyone know more about this?
Please E-mail me at b1rney@attglobal.net

Thanks

Hi ya, Tim!

The Encore Action channel web site shows that COMBAT! is scheduled through the end of June. Further dates are not available at that web site because they just don't schedule more than one month in advance. However, COMBAT! fan, Foxhole Filly, regularly supplies us with an advance, two-month long schedule. I expect her to soon make one available for COMBAT!'s June and July schedules. I will post it in the "VCR Alerts" forum as soon as she sends it. So long from your friendly 349th

- Heavy Weapons Crew

I'm sorry to announce that Encore Action will not air COMBAT after June. Anyone wishing to contact Encore about this:

Linda Carr, Customer Relations Representative
Encore Media Group
5445 DTC Parkway, Suite 600
Englewood, CO 80111

Phone: (303) 267-4000
email: viewer.relations@encoremedia.com

Nancy LionStorm, aka
349th Heavy Weapons Crew

Further News On Encore Action Channel and COMBAT!

It is confirmed now that the email address I gave you for Encore's Public Relation's Department has been defunct for about a month. This will explain why the messages you are sending are getting bounced back to you as undeliverable. I hope you will call and write Encore about bringing back COMBAT!

Even though I have every episode on tape, I know that there are many who do not, so I have sent a telegram urging Encore to renew COMBAT! But I am only one person and one message is not enough if we are to save our favorite classic television series. So I hope all COMBAT! fans will write or phone Encore, whose phone number and address are posted in the previous message.

~ 349th Heavy Weapons Crew

By Manny Cosano (Manny) on Unrecorded Date:

Does anybody knows what other channel will be showing Combat episodes in South Florida? I have Media One as my cable provider.

By Melissa Roberts (Medic) on Unrecorded Date:

Sounds like you're in the same boat as I am here in North Texas. Encore is the only channel on DirectTV that airs Combat! I would amagine alot of us only get the eps on Encore. You will find the address to Encore/Plex in several places in the forums, but here it is again. Please help us by writing Encore. Maybe with enough letters, they will continue airing it.
Encore/Plex
5445 DTC Pkwy. Ste. 600
Englewood, CO 80111
(303)771-7700
Thanks again for your help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: