Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: German tactics
By Rick Yoshida (Flyboy) on Unrecorded Date:

Every time during a fire fight, there's always some of the Germans who suddenly dash from their covered positions and run straight out front. You know their going to get cut down and sure enough they do..usually by Kirby with that bad BAR.
How come Sauders and the squad usually out flanks these guys too and get close enough for grenades but when the Germans try they get cut down. Heh I know they are the stars but the Krauts can't all be that dumb.

By J.J. Fowler (Panzertrak) on Unrecorded Date:

Sometimes I wonder if Sgt.Shultz isn't leading some of those Wehrmacht soldiers. Bunched up together, talking outloud on patrols, always being outflanked and standing in front of windows. No wonder they lost the war. But like you said Sgt Saunders and the guys are the stars, the Krauts are just props.

By Nathaniel Bridger (Nathaniel) on Unrecorded Date:

Odd, too, that the Germans are the only ones who bother to AIM their weapons---Sarge and the others obviously believe in the 'spray and pray' approach. Ah, Hollywood......

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

I LOVE Combat and I don't like to knock it, but this is one fault it has. The Germans are worse soldiers than green recruits, even the officers.
If the krouts do wound or capture an American, it is usually just dumb luck. The producers should have made Germans that would have given Saunders,
Hanley, and their men a run for their money.

By J.J. Fowler (Panzertrak) on Unrecorded Date:

I would think many of the German officers and NCO's assigned or transfered to France during '44 must of had some combat experience fighting on the Eastern Front. Units of the 2nd Panzer, the 21st, Panzer Lehr, Das Reich Division, 9th and 10th Panzer SS, SS-Panzer Abeilung 101, etc, etc. had experience further East. Tactics learned there were cruical for survival.
Agree the German fighting ability and tactics shown in Combat has alot to be desired. But yes I still enjoy the show.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: