Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Authentic film footage
By J.J. Fowler (Panzertrak) on Unrecorded Date:

One of the great parts about Combat I thought was the producers using real combat footage from the war to mix in with the corresponding episode. Seeing real German panzers, artillery support, P-51's and bombers over target and soldiers in action is like a time capsule of real events.
Also a big hand for the special effects guys who came up with the explosions and gunfire..nice job!

By Nathaniel Bridger (Nathaniel) on Unrecorded Date:

It IS well done...except, a lot of the footage is from the GERMAN invasion of France. The majority of the "foreign" tanks shown are the Mark I and II Panzers, along with the odd French Char-B. (The last time I pointed this out to anyone I was severly thumped with a copy of "The Legion" Veteran's Magazine. I'm trying to do better.....)

By Katie Wolfe (Luckystrikes) on Unrecorded Date:

I always though the real combat footage was great, however, it lead to all of us kids (4 brothers and 1 sister) not being able to watch the series as a child. My mom watched one epidose with us and when she found out some of it was real combat footage, decided us kids could not watch it again. I enjoy watching the series now.

By dennis thompson (Dennisth) on Unrecorded Date:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS to all combat lovers we need to devise a was of taping all shows to exchange with each other including interviews ive tried to tape every show and just cant get them all or the tape will run out in the middle of taping i want a copy of every show if i had it i would make copys for fellow viewers anyone reading this who agree please e-mail me at dennisth@netzero.net

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: