Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Mission Possible: COMBAT! Episodes on Video
By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

Fans have often asked how they can get COMBAT! on video. The following may provide the solution you're looking for...

Jeanette Heeley, aka Gen, organizer of Recon 2000, made an effort to get Paramount, COMBAT!'s new owner, to put the COMBAT series on video for sale. Gen's initial goal was to have Paramount make this announcement in conjunction with the Recon 2000. This is what she learned:

"With all the legalities and such, it couldn't happen in time for Recon but I think the fact that I could say there was a reunion of cast and fans made an impression with them. Cindy Walker seemed surprised and pleased with what she found out about the show from her preliminary research. At least Combat! is now near the top of the pile to be considered for release." - J. Heeley, 1/13/00

Gen is calling upon COMBAT! fans to write to Paramount Home Video and let Paramount know how critically these videos are wanted. Paramount can be contacted via its web site:

http://www.paramount.com

It is preferable to write a letter to:

Ms. Cindy Walker
PARAMOUNT HOME VIDEO
5555 Melrose Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90038

Don’t forget to include the titles of your favorite episodes!

By Liz Garvin (Sparky99) on Unrecorded Date:

thanks very much Nancy, my video tapes are nearing their end as Combat is not shown in NYC except if you have a dish, stand on one foot, and sing opera.... But that's another story. Maybe they would put it on dvd as well.

By Elle Scarvalas on Unrecorded Date:

Thanks much for all the information you can get from these discussions. I was wondering if there is an update from Cindy Walker at Paramount Home Video on the status of the COMBAT series being released for purchase. I only have a few of the shows on tape and now that I have learned Encore Action channel is not going to be running the show after June 30th I'm depressed.

By Debbie Tarlow (Deb) on Unrecorded Date:

Hi,
Today I sent the following letter to
Ms.Cindy Walker if I should get a reply back I will post it. Maybe it will be GOOD NEWS!

Ms. Cindy Walker
Paramount Home Video
5555 Melrose Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90038

June 28, 2000

Dear Ms.Walker,

I have recently learned that Paramount is the new owner of the television series COMBAT that ran from 1962 to 1967. I am a very big fan of this show and can't seem to find a television channel in my area that airs COMBAT. I was wondering if you can tell me if the show is going to be released on videos or maybe even DVD? If there is no release date yet I was wondering if you can tell me if the show is being considered for release? By logging into the COMBAT HOME PAGE on the internet I have found that COMBAT has many fans and like myself would be thrilled if we were able to buy the tapes.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

Sincerely

Debbie XXXXX

By Nancy LionStorm (349hwc) on Unrecorded Date:

With permission, here's another good idea from Trish.

Quote:

I think it's a good idea to write to whoever owns the show now, to ask about having the episodes released on video. It worked for us with MGM and The Magnificent Seven. They released the original 2-hour pilot and are now waiting to see what kind of sales and rentals they get before deciding about releasing more. If Paramount owns the show, lots of mail to them might tweak their interest to allow Columbia House or somebody else to release the tapes. Contacting Columbia House would also help, because then they'll ask Paramount. It's certainly worth a try.

Then everybody would have to buy a copy of the videos when they came out, to make sure they keep releasing more. Or, if they have a deal where they release a new tape every few weeks, we could all sign up for a subscription or whatever it's called. - Trish

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: