Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: End of Combat, End of June, on Encore Action
By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

I'm sorry to announce that Encore Action will not air COMBAT after June. Anyone wishing to contact Encore about this:

Linda Carr, Customer Relations Representative
Encore Media Group
5445 DTC Parkway, Suite 600
Englewood, CO 80111

Phone: (303) 267-4000
email: viewer.relations@encoremedia.com

Nancy LionStorm, aka
349th Heavy Weapons Crew

Further News On Encore Action Channel and COMBAT!

It is confirmed now that the email address I gave you for Encore's Public Relation's Department has been defunct for about a month. This will explain why the messages you are sending are getting bounced back to you as undeliverable. I hope you will call and write Encore about bringing back COMBAT!

Even though I have every episode on tape, I know that there are many who do not, so I have sent a telegram urging Encore to renew COMBAT! But I am only one person and one message is not enough if we are to save our favorite classic television series. So I hope all COMBAT! fans will write or phone Encore, whose phone number and address are posted in the previous message.

~ 349th Heavy Weapons Crew

I for one will not let the ship go down without a fight. Hope you will complain as well. This is the letter I just mailed to Encore.

---------------------------------
June 8, 2000

Customer Relations Representative
Encore Media Group
5445 DTC Parkway, Suite 600
Englewood, CO 80111

To Whom It May Concern:

I am dismayed that Encore has chosen not to continue airing "COMBAT!" on the Encore Action channel. The only reason my family urged me to upgrade to a digital cable service and subscribe to the Encore family of channels was in order to watch this superior classic television series. The Turner Classic Movie channel airs a far larger selection of World War One, World War Two and Korean War movies (in letterbox edition, I might add) than does Encore Action. Therefore with Encore Action’s increasing line up of action-cartoon and cartoon-like live-action movies, there will be no reason for me to continue to pay for Encore once "COMBAT!" is removed from Encore Action’s line up. I hope you will reverse your decision and continue to air Encore Action.

Sincerely,

Mark E. Tiedemann

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: