Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: The Chapel At Able Five
By Jorge on Unrecorded Date:

It has been some thirty years since I have seen this episode where Saunders goes blind temporarily.Can anyone fill me in on how this happened?One More For The Road and The Chapel At Able Five are two longtime video searches .Can anyone out there help me locate these two episodes? Jorge ampbabe@aol.com

By Jo Naylor on Unrecorded Date:

Sgt Saunders became blind by a close bomb blast. I liked this episode because of the sacrifice of the German Chaplin.

I think I might have taped this episode but I don't have a 2nd VCR to tape for you. So sorry.

By Jo Naylor on Unrecorded Date:

THE VOLUNTEER & QUIET WARRIOR

If someone out there is able and willing to tape these 2 episodes for me, I'll be most grateful. Now that Encore is no longer showing Combat, I can't tape these 2 episodes. I've got COUNTERATTACK book which I'm willing to exchange for these episodes.

By Lyne Tremblay (Lyne) on Unrecorded Date:

Bonjour Jorge

Sgt Saunders goes blind from the blast of a landmine exploding close to him as he runs into a mine field alongside another man called Cochran. Both Americans have just entered the field without knowing it. The soldier accompanying Saunders dies in the explosion and the light flash blinds Saunders.

This is one of the excellent colour episodes that have terrific writing and acting all around. I would like to give kudos to Fritz Weaver as the German Chaplain in this, he's really good.

PFC

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: