Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Movie-is it being made?
By Tracy on Unrecorded Date:

Any news ---heard a few years ago that a movie is in the works.

By Ranger94 on Unrecorded Date:

Do you mean the onbe with Bruce Willis as saunders?? I heard that too and heard it depended on the success of "Ryan", so where is that movie???

By Steve Rubin on Unrecorded Date:

Combat: the Movie, update. It's been two long years since I last spoke in public about the Combat! movie. It's been extremely frustrating to see "Saving Private Ryan" get all the attention and glory, while "Combat!" was lying in development hell at Paramount. What I can say is that we had a tremendous case of bad timing. We made a deal originally in 1995 with Savoy Pictures which went out of business in 1997. We sold the project to Paramount about fifteen minutes before "Saving Private Ryan" came to the studio with a couple of guys name Hanks and Spielberg attached. And we had a very good screenplay by Bill Wisher that unfortunately turned out to be too much like "Ryan." Hence, the project fell into the maw of "development hell." But don't give up the ship, friends. My partners and I are preparing to go back into Paramount and pitch a new story idea, with the aim of reviving the movie's fortunes. We shall overcome. Perhaps, we can finally take this beach in good memory of Rick Jason and Dick Peabody. Stay tuned!

Best,

Steve Rubin
co-producer
Combat! the Movie

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you at Recon2000, and I'm pleased to learn that you 'haven't given up the ship'.

There is an excellent story that would make a top-notch screenplay for a COMBAT! movie. It is different enough from "SPR" that it might just go over with the studio. No, I'm not the author, in fact, you already know this person. It is the very same lady who organized COMBAT'96. If you still don't know who it is that I'm referring to, just drop me a line. So long, from your friendly

- 349th Heavy Weapons Crew

By JOAN on Unrecorded Date:

TO STEVE DO NOT FORGET VIC MORROW WHEN YOUR MAKE YOUR MOVIE IN MEMORY BESIDE RICK JASON AND DICK PEABODY..JOAN

By jim lynch on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:23 am:

If a movie is to be made ..FOR ONCE ..get the original music thrown in ..or it wont work, keep the formula!

By GLENN TRACHANSON OG C.I.B. VET / N.J. on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:36 pm:

WHILE ALLS IS HOT WITH THE MILITARY /AGAIN/ IT WOULD BE GREATTO SEE A COMBAT MOVIE TO HONER THE C.I.B. VETS/WW2 WHO WILL SOON BE GONE TO THE AGES1

By GLENN TRACHANSON OG C.I.B. VET / N.J. on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:39 pm:

WHILE ALL IS HOT WITH THE MILITARY /AGAIN/ IT WOULD BE GREATTO SEE A COMBAT MOVIE TO HONER THE C.I.B. VETS/WW2 WHO WILL SOON BE GONE TO THE AGES.THEREIS NOTHING LIKE THE THOUSAND YARD STARE OF A COMBAT VETERAN. MAY GOD LOOK OVER ALL OUR WW2 VETS.

By ww2buf on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 01:21 am:

Steve,

Keep trying, better a Combat movie than, more remakes of Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies and other 60s crap that should not be made into a movie. Only dont call it Combat! The Movie, just call it Combat!

By Debbie on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 05:54 pm:

Steve,

I remember reading your message above about a year ago about the combat movie that may be in the works I was wondering if there is an update on this message or if it is still on the back burner. When i was talking to someone at columbia home videos at that time he said if a movie does become made and released then most likly they would also release the old tv series on tapes and dvd's.

By Thompson SMG on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

Try this link:

http://www.fastcarrier.com/films-combat.html

By debbie on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:27 pm:

Thanks for the link ! I'm so excited Combat fans have waited years for a movie.

By MICHELE LARGEY (Camoufanne) (216.20.102.98) on Monday, July 01, 2002 - 01:13 am:

Hello again from Camoufanne -
Ditto to the ideas expressed above - the original music; calling it simply COMBAT! & of course, not forgetting VIC MORROW!! Nobody mentioned the actors. Do you think Pierre Jalbert
would play an elderly Frenchman, like the ones he
got to interpret for so many times in the original? Maybe Jack Hogan as a general (or at least a colonel?), Tom Lowell as a desk man somewhere & Conlan Carter as a flight trainer?
NIX to Bruce Willis as Saunders (unless he's looking back on the war from an Old Soldiers' Home!) Much as I hate the idea of anyone playing the role but Vic, after reading Steve Rubin's input on this website, I found myself scanning the celluloid for possibilities. And guess what -
I found one! I've been dying to ask COMBAT! fans
what you think, so here goes....What say you to
Johnathan LaPaglia of "The District"? (A close look at his left cheek should give some clue as to why I picked him.) Of course he's no Vic Morrow, but nobody is or ever will be again. So let me know. I can't wait to see your feedback.
Camoufanne

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: