Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Did LittleJohn ever die in an episode?
By Roberta Thony (Rjt) on Unrecorded Date:

Due to Mr Peabody's recent passing, my brother & I remember seeing an episode where Littlejohn dies staring up at Vic Morrow. We figured it had to be the last episode but the EPILOG magazine I referred to doesn't mention anything like that in the last episode (whose title escapes me just now). Did we imagine this or maybe he got wounded & fainted in some episode & we both convinced each other he died (thus deciding it took place in the last episode)? Can anyone help? I'd like to pick up the show on tape, if any of the regulars died. Thanks...this is my first letter!

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

Hi there! Littlejohn does not die in any of the 152 COMBAT episodes. The worst he is wounded is in the episode, "Beneath the Ashes" in which during a recon patrol the squad is trapped in a basement beneath a German field headquarters for a couple of days. So long from your friendly 349th

- Heavy Weapons Crew
(aka HWC)

By Lyne Tremblay (Lyne) on Unrecorded Date:

Certainly ranks right up there with Mr. Peabody's best performances. He is touching and believable. You just want Saunders to find a way out of that basement so that Littlejohn can finally get some medical help. That episode guest starred a very young Chad Everett who did a pretty good job, too.
Lyne

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

I'm glad to tell you that Littlejohn did NOT die. But, this raises another question: what the heck ever happened to Braddock and Doc 1? They were both main characters and to have them both disappear from one episode to the next without mention was a very bad idea on the part of the producers. I think that the other Combat cast should have at least made a comment like,"It's a shame that old Braddock got killed," or something to explain what happened. From Season 1 to Season 2 the Docs change and nothing is even said. Strange......
Hazelnut

By Nancy LionStorm (349hvywpnscrew) on Unrecorded Date:

If you look at the original air dates, then you’ll see that the 11th episode in Season 1, "A Day in June", explains Braddock’s position as platoon runner. The 12th (and the last episode in which Braddock appeared) is ”The Prisoner”, which explains that he becomes Col. Clyde’s driver.

I’ve taken excerpts from this web site’s Original Air Date Order and from its Syndication Order so that you can see what a big difference the order makes in understanding Braddock's fate. In the syndicated series order we see Braddock back with his platoon in ”Far From the Brave”, AFTER a stint with Col. Clyde and we have reason to be confused.

However, when the series first aired there was no confusion. We know that Braddock has been reassigned as the battalion commander's driver. Check out what I mean below.

Original Air Date Order:

01. 10-02-62 Forgotten Front
02. 10-09-62 Rear Echelon Commandos
03. 10-16-62 Lost Sheep, Lost Shepherd
04. 10-23-62 Any Second Now
05. 10-30-62 Far from the Brave
06. 11-13-62 Missing in Action
07. 11-20-62 Escape to Nowhere
08. 11-27-62 The Celebrity
09. 12-04-62 Cat and Mouse
10. 12-11-62 I Swear by Apollo
11. 12-18-62 A Day in June
12. 12-25-62 The Prisoner

Syndication Order:

1. A Day in June
2. Any Second Now
3. Just for the Record
4. The Squad
5. Lost Sheep, Lost Shepherd
6. Forgotten Front
7. Missing in Action
8. Rear Echelon Commandos
9. The Chateau
10. The Prisoner
11. Escape to Nowhere
12. The Celebrity
13. Far From the Brave

So long from your friendly 349th Heavy Weapons Crew

By Rose Ann Schrock (Carbine) on Unrecorded Date:

Gosh, thanks a lot, HWC. No matter what discussion I join, you always seem to end up answering all my questions. (or most of them) What would we do without you? This helped to clear up what happened to Braddock. Thanks again!
Hazelnut

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: