Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: The Short Day of Pvt Putman
By Roberta Thony (Rjt) on Unrecorded Date:

My first question went so well, here's another. This sounds like an episode where the only thing I remember about it was some guy pointing out snipers in trees because their camo doesn't match the leaves of the trees they are hiding in. If I didn't get right the memory of Littlejohn dying in the last episode, hopefully this one is right! And if so, how does this episode rate among the others - good or bad? Thanks again!

By jim lynch on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:49 am:

A great episode.."The short day of Pvt. Putnam"
Beau Bridges plays a 15 year old kid who sneaked into the army somehow, and totally useless as a killer..is able through his botany skills to be able to distinguish Germans from leaves

By Louis Vierne (Louisvierne) (209.172.16.58) on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 10:47 pm:

An excellent episode. I also remember a thirtyish French barmaid being able to see through him wisely when he claimed to have "lots" of experience with women. I vividly remember Hanley on the telephone telling HQ: "Private Putnam is fifteen - repeat, FIFTEEN years old!" when he was found out.

By MICHELE LARGEY (Camoufanne) (216.20.102.98) on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 01:28 am:

Apparently Vic Morrow & Sgt. Saunders share a common trait, that of being willing to treat anyone as an equal regardless of age. I read the comments by the French actor who played Marcel in the episode Gulliver, when he couldn't have been more than five years old. He said Vic talked to him, not down at him. When Pvt. Putnam said "I can see `em," (German snipers in trees concealed
by clumps of leaves), suddenly he was Saunders'
right-hand man. I love this about the Sarge, &
Vic Morrow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: