Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: General Discussion: Episodes Airing Now!
By Mike McGuire on Unrecorded Date:

Hello All.

I'm located in Toronto and can say that the History Channel we get here airs an episode each week day. Right at five PM. I am in heaven. Beeen taping a bunch and there's nothing like them. My only comment is the episodes which feature big name guest stars seems to be lacking. Got the Lee Marvin one but would really like the Charlie Bronson one.

I have watched this show since I was 6 years old. Always facinated by the interplay between people under tyypes of stress I will never really understand. My personal favorite is the episode with Bobby Rydell as guest star. He gets trapped under the front axle of a truck he is trying to get out of the mud. A tank approaches from the rear around the side of a hill. Saunders keeps running over to perster the tank and then back to try to free the driver from under the truck. The timing and suspence that builds is fantastic.

Glad I found this site. I will be back.

Mike

By Sam Spritzer (Teknogeek9) on Unrecorded Date:

My local cable company upgraded to digital and sure enough there is a channel that shows COMBAT! Its called GoodTV (www.goodtv.com). Here is the schedule for the coming week...

Monday 05/29/00
7:00pm Combat!
11:00pm Combat!

Friday 06/02/00

Saturday 06/03/00
10:00pm Combat!

Sunday 06/04/00
9:00pm Combat!

Monday 06/05/00

Friday 06/09/00

Saturday 06/10/00
10:00pm Combat!

Now I have a good excuse not to do dishes!!!!!!!

By pmb181327@aol.com on Unrecorded Date:

I am hoping that this message will be read by someone who will be willing to help me. I used to watch Combat with my Dad in the 60's...yeah I'm that old! I found it running on Goodlife TV and was overjoyed! I used to scoff at people who were "fans" of anything..and here I am a Combat fan! I have ordered some of the black and white episodes from ebay, but was given the heads up by another Combat fan that my fellow fans would help me procure copies of more black and white episodes. Can anyone help? I will be glad to pay! Thanks so much .PMB181327@aol.com

By mneiger on Unrecorded Date:

i have all episodes but three willing to trade 1 for 2 anytime please call. thank you miken

By jordiesjocks on Unrecorded Date:

same message i left earlier about trading episodes have all good tapes 6 per tape will trade for the three i need. thank you
mikenaol.com

By Robert Talbott (Raytownbob) on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

As of May 6, 2002 Goodlife TV no longer airs COMBAT during primetime. Since Sept 2001, COMBAT was shown at 6PM CST and repeated at 10 PM.
Now it is pushed back to the ungodly hour of 2 am.
At least I was able to see many episodes that I hadn't seen in 40 years.
On Wed night's at 8 pm is Gallant Men, so will check that out.

By Louis Vierne (Louisvierne) (209.172.22.148) on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 01:57 am:

The Gallant Men! M'God, haven't seen an episode of that since it went off the air when I was about 14! It was another crackerjack GI show ("Rat Patrol" and "Garrison's Gorillas" were garbage by comparison), but if I recall correctly, it ran only 2 seasons. It was a bit more "Hollywood glossy" than "Combat!" but was almost equally well written, directed and acted. And it juggled an even bigger ensemble cast each week. I smile when "young'uns" say that "Hill Street Blues" was the first large ensemble cast weekly drama show!

Louis Vierne

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: