Combat Fan Page Discussion Forum: COMBAT! Reunions: Books about Vic Morro
By Colette Watkins (65.28.97.31) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

I did an Internet search to find out if any books had been authored on this extremely talented and versatile man. The few things I have been able to find out about his life are a bit grim. What I have found out is this man seemed to be highly unappreciated by the industry he served. It is aggrevating and pathetic that books have been published soley on the aspect of his death and NOT his life. Call me old fashioned but does anyone besides myself find it just a little tacky the man who was carrying on an affair with the mother of his children and the woman he was still legally married to - wrote a book about him and most likely received profits from that book? I am not making any moral statements here, I didn't know the people involved and it really isn't any of my business but for crying out loud, to ask the public to accept a book authored by a man whose integrity and creditablility are that questionable is not the sort of material I was looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really admired this guy's talent and was hoping to find a reputable book source. Thank you.

By Colette Watkins (65.28.97.31) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 09:54 pm:

Please forgive my typing error - I meant to type "Vic Morrow" in my subject line. I let the message go before I had corrected. Forgive me.

By sargesgirl2003 (64.12.96.138) on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:26 am:

I agree with you. It is a shame not to know more about his life. Vic was a very talented actor and director not to mention writer. I fell he would have loved the computer age. Thank You, Sandra Wood (sargesgirl2003)

By chf bkf 1965 (209.86.9.229) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 04:26 pm:

yes i also agree with everything that has been said about vic morrow.iloved this man adiknohim.i think he had a very lonely and sad life,and im sorry i could not make it better for him.i have also looked for books on him with no luck,the only really thing i have is photos, please write me with any info you find out or just to talk about my honey.ive been trying to find out about the braclet he always wore in combat,if i could purchase it, please let me know anything you can.love to talk vic morrow.

By beverly capolino (24.184.116.90) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 12:00 am:

i watched combat as a child and i had a crush on the wonderful vic morrow. after buying all 152 combat episodes recently i've fallen in love all over again! what a great actor he was! thank goodness he'll live on forever on film. my sister thinks i'm nuts at my age(52) to feel this way about an actor. i don't care! i wish i had someone to talk to who feels the same way as i do too!

By misty (Misty) (64.12.116.144) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:33 am:

It is a shame Vic Morrow's talents are not documented in books instead of the dirt. He was a very talented actor. We, his fans, are appreciative of his talents. He will live forever in out hearts.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: