Season Three Episodes (1964-65)
(one-line descriptors written by Nancy Durgin)
By season three, Combat! had settled into a routine of excellence, with some
exceptions. The parade of new producers had ended with Gene Levitt firmly holding the
producer reins. The cast list stabilized and the actors stood firmly together in their
demand for quality scripts. Vic Morrow directed more episodes, earning high praise from
his fellow actors for his work behind the camera.
Rick Jason was getting less time in front of the camera, but was still enjoying his
contractually agreed upon equal pay and billing. He also enjoyed his various hunting
seasons, since he had Levitt arrange his shooting schedule around his other shooting
activities. "If I'm just in the beginning of an episode, or in the end," Rick
Jason says, "it was hunting season. I spent the whole five years doing that. People
always ask, how come I wasn't in more shows? I went hunting and fishing. People don't
understand that. If I was in the show, I got paid, if I wasn't in the show, I got paid. So
what do I care?"
Season 3 Overview
- Silver Service : Kirby hooks up with a
loud-mouthed truck driver who collects silverware
Guests:Mickey Rooney, Claudine Longet, Ramon Navarro, King Moody,...
- The Long Walk : Tricky German infiltrator can't
Guests: Roddy McDowall, Peter Brocco, William Bryant, Maurice Marsac,...
- Mountain Man : Reluctant hermit helps Saunders
mark trail across mountain
Guests: Theodore Bikel, Henry Brandon, Peter Beregema, Rob Beattie
- The Duel : Saunders and a truck driver take on a Tiger
Guests: Bobby Rydell, Hans Difflipp, Tram Tyson, Tom Pace, Phil Altman,...
- Vendetta : Hanley runs into fanatical officer and his
Guests: Telly Savalas, Peter Deuel, Ron Stokes, Athan Karras,...
- Operation Fly Trap : Tech sergeant objects
when Saunders decides to capture German Colonel
Guests: Gary Lockwood, Leonard Bell, Frank Marth
- The Impostor : Hanley on recon mission, one of his
contacts is a German infiltrator
Guests: James Dobson, Skip Homeier, Warren Stevens, Alan Baxter,...
- Losers Cry Deal : Obnoxious soldier from
another squad resents Saunders and Caje
Guests: Mike Kellin, Dee Pollock, Tom Skerritt, Fletcher Fist, John Bedford,...
- Point of View : Machine gun sergeant wants
Guests: Paul Burke, H.M. Wynant, Seymour Cassel, Horst Ebersberg,...
- Dateline : Saunders and squad rescue cowardly
newspaper reporter who was captured
Guests: Dan Duryea, Doug Henderson, Henry Beckman, Frank Kooman
- Brother, Brother : The brother of Kirby's
hometown friend expects special treatment
Guests: Frankie Avalon, Hans D. Heyde, Charles A. Bastin
- The Hard Way Back : Sal Mineo as a soldier
who abandons Saunders, who is trapped under beam
Guests: Sal Mineo, Ed Gilbert, Robert Howard, Erick Forst, Marvin Brandt,...
- The Little Carousel : Saunders and squad
encounter young student nurse who wants to help
Guests: Sylviane Margolle, Warren Vanders, David Jourmeax, Paul Daniel
- Fly Away Home : Saunders and squad babysit some
pigeons on recon mission
Guests: Neville Brand, Ron Stokes, Stephen Joyce
- A Rare Vintage : Caje and Saunders rescue
wounded Hanley, who is held captive in a winery
Guests: Lyle Bettger, Buck Holland, Corey Allen, Marcel Hillaire,...
- The Enemy : Hanley forces German officer to disarm booby
Guests: Robert Duvall, Anna Lee, Robert deSchene, Jonathan Kidd,...
- A Gift of Hope : Saunders encounters old friend
who was MIA, and now has lost his nerve
Guests: Rip Torn, Robert Yuro, Anthony Eisley, Jack Coogan Jr.,...
- A Walk with an Eagle : Squad rescues
downed pilot with no respect for ground warfare
Guests: Lee Philips, William Cort, Pat Colby
- Birthday Cake : Littlejohn receives a birthday
cake that gets him in trouble
Guests: Phillip Pine, Jean Del Val
- The Cassock : James Whitmore as a German
masquerading as a priest
Guests: James Whitmore, Glenn Stensel, Mart Hulswit, Ross Sturlin
- The Town that Went Away : Townspeople
try to protect town and winery from evacuation
Guests: Jay Novello, Gerald Michenaud, Susan Silo, Billy Beck,...
- The Convict : French resistance contact turns out
to be escaped convict
Guests: Gilbert Roland, Clive Clark, Robert Carricart, Chris Anders,...
- The Steeple : Squad tries to rescue paratrooper
from steeple in occupied town
Guests: David Sheiner, Robert Cornthwaite, Jean Del Val, Pat Michenaud,...
- More than a Soldier : Saunders is trapped
in a cave with a reluctant soldier and a German
Guests: Tommy Sands, Ron Soble
- The Long Wait : Saunders and a truck with
wounded men are pinned down by a machine gun
Guests: Terry Carter, Ed Tierney, Fletcher Fist, David Adams, William Splawn
- The Tree of Moray : Hanley recues French
traitor with valuable information
Guests: Robert Loggia, Robert Ellenstein, Tom Pace, Mike Krempels,...
- Cry in the Ruins : Hanley and Germans call
truce to rescue baby of deranged woman
Guests: William Smithers, Glenn Cannon, Lisa Pera, John Crawford,...
- Heritage : Demolitions expert doesn't want to destroy
statues found in cave
Guests: Charles Bronson, Kort Falkenberg, Michael Stroka, Robert Fortier
- The Hell Machine : Saunders and a
claustrophonic driver capture German tank
Guests: Frank Gorshin, Than Wyenn, Lou Robb, James Arthur, Gene Benton,...
- Billy the Kid : Artillery lieutenant who is son
of famous general has to prove himself
Guests: Andrew Prine, Mike Masters, Ron Mills, Tom Mills, Norbert Sigfried,...
- Beneath the Ashes : Hanley delays in
delivering news that a soldier's wife is dying
Guests: Chad Everett, Robert Fortier, Greg Mullavey, Noam Pitlik,...
- Odyssey : Saunders fakes shell-shock after waking up
in a German uniform
Guests: Bert Freed, Sasha Hardin, Ivan Triesault, Tino Pollack,...
[ Combat! Season 1 episodes ] [ Combat! Season 2 episodes ] [ Combat! Season 3 episodes ] [ Combat! Season 4 episodes ] [ Combat! Season 5 episodes ]
One-line Descriptions Copyright 1993, 1994 by Nancy Durgin. All
Compiled from various sources including THE TV COLLECTOR and EPI-LOG magazines (and the
Description text at top of page Copyright Jo Davidsmeyer. All rights